HAPPY NEW YEAR!
I want to say thanks, firstly, to all those who have followed along with my blog and instagram! It is a hobby that I hope one day will turn into something more. In the meantime I have LOVED getting all of your emails and messages asking for recommendations, details on items I post about, or just to say Hi! It has been incredible to “meet” so many amazing people through this platform. If this whole blogging thing never goes any further than this right now, I will consider myself grateful for all the experiences it has brought me.
Ok, enough of the mushy stuff.
My most popular posts on the blog and on Instagram have been my products posts, so I wanted to share my 10 favorite products of 2017! As always, they are all linked at the bottom of this post! Keep an eye out for number 10: my HOLY GRAIL skincare purchase of 2017!
- Sugar Lip Polish: This stuff is ah-mazing. If you’re like me and have dry, cracked lips, this scrub is a life saver. It smells delicious and like all Fresh Cosmetics products it contains sugar, a natural humectant which hydrates your lips! I love all their products, but if I had to pick one, this would be it!
- Midnight Recovery Cleansing Oil: You’ve heard me say it before, cleansing oils are a must have. EVEN IF you have oily skin! I always double cleanse my skin on days I wear makeup. I start with this oil, rub into my hands and then onto my face. It emulsifies and removed even stubborn waterproof makeup!… then
- Simple Micellar Cleansing Water: After I have removed all my makeup with the cleansing oil, I use a small amount of the micellar cleansing water on a cotton pad to remove anything left behind. I have tried a few different micellar waters, and this one is the best.
- Kate Somerville Daily Deflector Waterlight: This is my favorite sunscreen of 2017. I love Kate Somerville sunscreen and this specific one was given to me as a gift. I hate the feeling of oily skin on the beach or when I’m working out outside, especially since I’m prone to breakouts. This product completely eliminates this problem as it is water (not oil) based.
- It Cosmetics CC Cream: This my everyday coverage. It contains sunscreen, and also vitamin C to help brighten dark spots. This stuff is amazing and smells like lemons.
- dpHUE Color Boosting Gloss: One of my goals the past 6 months was to stop coloring my hair. I wanted to get back to my natural dark brown color. But with the sun and harsh water in Miami, my hair fades to a reddish-brown color. So I use this Color gloss (also a deep conditioner) mixed with my regular conditioner every wash. I LOVE the way it makes my hair look and feel. It heals the damaged ends making it look like I just got a cut!
- LaVanilla Deodorant: I stopped using conventional deodorant years ago because of the health risks associated with the chemicals in their formulas. Something that you are applying daily, under your arms (where absorption through skin to lymph nodes takes place), should be free of these harsh ingredients. I tried A LOT of natural deodorants until I found this one which i’ve used for about 2 years now. It smells amazing and so do I even after a long day!
- BB Sunday Shampoo: This is a weekly shampoo I use to help cleanse my hair of all the product and oil build-up. I use dry shampoos, detanglers, hairspray, and oils on my hair all the time. So, I need something to really give my hair a deep clean about once a week.
- Rose Deep Hydration Face Cream: This face cream has been my go to all year. It is the perfect consistency for a light hydration overnight. I use some strong products on my skin so I try to hit it hard with moisture at night!
- FINALLY. My holy grail skin care product of 2017. The Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Peels have been my absolute favorite purchase. Growing up I had breakouts here and there, but this year my skin really went a little crazy. And what’s worse is every single blemish I get leaves a scar behind. I have been using these face peel pads for only about 4 weeks and have noticed a major difference. I have had no new breakouts, the ones I had have healed, and my dark spots are starting to fade. This stuff is worth. every. penny.
Well that’s it! My absolute favorite purchases of 2017 that I will continue to use for years to come! What was your favorite product this year? Leave a comment below!